Alyssa and I have been working a bit to start a script, and nothing has to be decided now (as I know goes without being said) but I kinda want to give our characters some names even if they're just temporary. I'm over typing out the word "detective"
So I did some research on popular names used during the film noir era (and added the P.I. for fun, say hi), alliteration seems to be used in the research that I did and I think that could work for a catchy character name. I pulled some out in screenshots but there's tons; Walter Ward? WALDO Ward? Cleve? I think I've found something that works for now. The first and surname both have some cool history to them, kinda related to us as a group of art students and the project itself.
Stephen Crane was an author, and one of his most famous stories is Maggie: A Girl of The Streets (1898) which I don't need to fully get into unless someone wants me to, but this book is made mention with the origins of detective stories. That is where I drew our connection because this name was used for characters in the 1940's, according to the one website I looked at.
Alexander Calder is an artist I learned about from a professor at OCC who was very into (read: obsessed) with Calder, and we learned all about his work in class. He's famous for the mobiles he made.
Apparently this name was also common during the film noir era, and it checked the box of alliteration, so for now, I updated it in the shared doc and until we change it to something else [better] he'll be referred to as "Calder Crane" in the script I'm working on
alright cool that's it thanks for your time
Lauren Haug (Laureen Green)
AR 394 - 01
Senior Group Animation




No comments:
Post a Comment
Please make sure you tag (label) your posts. At least with your name!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.